“That was the paradox: a brand whose brand identity was its brandlessness.”
- Adam Nicholson (UK Author, 5th Baron Carnock. 1957- ), writing about his concept for his family home, Sissinghurst Castle, in 'Sissinghurst: An Unfinished History' (2008)
- "Frantic orthodoxy is never rooted in faith but in doubt. It is when we're not sure that we're most sure."
- Reinhold Niebuhr (US Protestant theologian. 1892-1971)
Human Beings are just good enough to make democracy possible...just bad enough to make it neccessary."
- Reinhold Niebuhr
- "He who despises himself nevertheless esteems himself as a self-despiser."
- Friedrich Nietzsche (German philosopher. 1844-1900)
- "Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
- Under Communism, the Poles are fond of saying, only the future is certain: the past is always changing.
- G. Warren Nutter (US Economist. 1923–1979) The Strange World of Ivan Ivanov. New York and Cleveland: World Publishing, 1969
- "Wagner's music is better than it sounds."
- Bill Nye (US homourist. 1850-1896), quoted in Mark Twain's Autobiography, 1924
To read more curious quotations, please select a letter from the alphabet below.